Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Jiffy Lube That Treated Me Like A Queen


Please excuse the very long title.

Today I went to Jiffy Lube. The oil men (and women) there are always very polite, and today was no exception. After I had been waiting only 10 minutes, a boy with beautiful eyes called me to the register. After helping me locate my Jiffy Lube discount card from the slough of cards I produced from my wallet, Justin explained their "topping off" policy. The policy allows you to bring your car in anytime before your next oil change to get its fluids topped off (duh).

I've known about this policy for sometime, but nothing ever runs out. So I asked Justin, avoiding looking too deeply into his eyes, if people sometimes brought their vehicles in to get them "topped off" before fluids ran out. By this time I feared that it might seem like I was flirting, so I tried to not seem overly interested in his explanation...or his eyes. He encouraged me to bring in my car (it would only take one minute) to experience the joys of fluid topping for myself. I thanked him kindly and told him I would.

I walked out to my car, thinking how nice, and attractive, Jiffy Lube employees are. But when I opened my car door, alas, an oil rag had been left on my seat! I asked the nearest oil man if he wanted it back. He smiled, took the rag and said, "Let me get that door for you."

I went to Jiffy Lube a common girl, seeking an oil change; I left a queen. Service and a smile.

[Disclaimer: The Jiffy Lube employee pictured is an illustration; he is not actually Justin.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home