Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Monday, May 21, 2007

Estes Park


I spent Thursday through Saturday in beautiful Estes Park, Colorado, for the Colorado Christian Writers Conference. When I first arrived, I snapped this turkey shot of some elk. I soon learned that they considered YMCA of the Rockies their home. I could have taken hundreds more similar photographs!

On Saturday afternoon, I explored the town and had a delightful experience at DeLeo's Park Theater Cafe. From the owner's opening greeting of, "Hi, dear, I'm Tom DeLeo," to his fantastic Reuben sandwich, my experience with DeLeo's was fantastic. I enjoyed watching Tom banter with the locals. His deli was featured on the Food Network as one of the best places in the U.S. for picnic food. I definitely recommend it!

Estes Park is just beginning to bustle. My short trip reminded me of the time I spent there with my parents last summer (You can read about it in August 2006!). I told Tom how my parents had met at the Trail Ridge gift shop in Rocky Mountain National Park. And because he's such a nice guy, he cared.

2 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like such a nice little weekend!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Ashleigh said...

Fun! The cafe sounds yummy.

You know, we didn't see one elk when we were there. Guess it was the wrong season. Maybe next time. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home