Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Beauty in a Flat Tire



Last night when I got out of my car, a hissing sound greeted me. I went around to the passenger side and discovered the source of the gurgling: a screw firmly embedded in the front tire. I called a couple tire places, hoping to drive in my poor baby before the tire deflated, but apparently, due to yesterday’s snow it was the busiest tire day of the year. My housemate’s dad came over and changed the tire, giving me the fatherly warning not to drive over 35 mph on the donut.

So this morning at 7 a.m. I left my house, rolling along at a very slow rate of speed. And as I turned West, I suddenly felt as if I were driving into Narnia, or some equally fantastic wintery land. Under magnificent blue light, a perfect dusting of snow covered the peak and the surrounding mountains. And because I couldn’t go over 35 mph, I allowed those in a hurry to pass, as I savored the view all the way to Academy. It was a perfect morning.

Funny how the Lord has to give me a flat tire to show off His creation. I'm thankful that He slows me down sometimes...just long enough to see His beauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home