Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Myspace


For anyone curious about the hype surrounding the vastly popular network called myspace, check out this article posted today on CNN.

Since becoming a myspace member in September (at the encouragement of my younger sister, Bekah), my experience with the site has been positive. I have reconnected with college friends, enjoyed steady contact with my siblings and made new friends. However, this article points out the "dark side of myspace" — mainly the possibility that as with any online information-sharing forum, myspace can allow those who don't exercise discretion to find trouble.

1 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

To be honest, I was going to make a MySpace page but found the whole thing too depressing -- I guess it depends on whose pages you look at, but for the most part, it's so worldly...even the MySpace pages of some Christians are so focused on being "cool" or "sexy."

And yeah, people can pretend to be anyone, even famous people, and who would know the difference? Deception is so easy online; it's kind of scary!

Kudos to people like you who shine a light in the darkness!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home