Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Friday, June 16, 2006

Seeing Stripes


I have a lot of stuff. And I really don't need more...least of all a pencil sharpener (I don't even own a traditional pencil). But when I saw this display at Borders, I was inexplicably drawn to it. Suddenly it seemed necessary that I have a new address book, an art box, a pencil case and a variety of other whimsical items (whimsical only because they were striped). It's funny how something as simple as an aesthetically pleasing pattern can promise happiness.

I refrained from purchasing something stripy that I didn't need. But I did not leave the store entirely unscathed. I purchased a book on writing — a more justified use of my funds. (It's my career after all!) Not nearly as fun, however. Who knows. I may return to the scene of the crime...or, if any of my friends need gift ideas. :)

2 Comments:

At 3:36 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

'Fraid I'm a lover of stripes and boxes and notebooks and all things stationery too. Must be a writer-girl thing :).

 
At 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or it must be an impulse-buying thing. ...

As they say on The Next Generation:

"Engines to full impulse!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home