Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Rocky Mountain National Park


My parents are coming to visit for a week. They arrive in Denver tonight. My mom has been out once to see me since I moved here six years ago, but this will be Dad's first time since the move. I'm excited to show them around.

One activity on our intinerary is to visit Rocky Mountain National Park, where my parents met. My dad, a college kid from Columbus, Ohio, applied months in advance for summer employment at the park. My mom, from Parker, Colorado, ended up there last-minute after a broken engagement. They met at a Bible study, and the rest is history. I have never visited this historical (and beautiful) park, so I'm excited to make the trek with Mom and Dad. We'll probably do some hiking, too. (My dad's an "outdoor guy.")

4 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Looks beautiful! Hope you have a great visit!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Suzanne, I need to alert someone at Focus to a nasty story from out of Seattle's "The Stranger". Do you know someone there I could send it to?

Have fun with the historical and monumental hiking!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Um, you mean a "bad press" story? Probably our media relations department. E-mail me at dozergirl (hotmail) and I'll get you the info.

 
At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Lovely scenery!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home