Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

New Friends


As we've been preparing for our Northwest tour, the Stick Horses have been living and breathing improv. It's been a good, bonding time. Last week when we were up at the Improv Hootenanny in Denver, we finally met RiP (which stands for "Repertory Improv Players") — the only other known Colorado Springs improv troupe.

I first heard about RiP when I attended a play at the Colorado Springs Repertory Theater last spring. Kaleb, one of the members of RiP, was in the show. I tried (in vain) to track them down. A few weeks ago, I finally discovered them on myspace. And then a week ago we bumped into each other after the Hootenanny.

On Saturday night, RiP member Teddy checked out our show at the Broadmoor, and last night Hunter, Jared and I hit the Hootenanny to see RiP in action. They were great! We're already plotting to combine our talents in a joint show. Making new friends is always exciting. Making new improv friends is even better.

4 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your congratulations! I'm keeping up with your Boundless Line postings too!

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Danielle, it looks like I will be back in Delaware in April. I would love to see you. I think I'll rent a car this time, so maybe I can come up (is it up?) to Baltimore. :)

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be over to Baltimore. ;-)

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Thanks, Hunter! I need a little help with geography. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home