Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Music City


I spent this weekend with my friend Terah in Nashville. Terah used to live in Colorado, but moved back to the South about four years ago. We did the things we do best. We shopped, ate at some of the cool restaurants, watched a few movies, went to a hockey game (this is Terah's specialty, not mine) and walked around downtown.

Our gallavanting took us to the Pancake Pantry, a local hang-out for hungry people and celebrities. We also received a full tour of Randall House Publishers where I've submitted some of my plays.

This morning we ate brunch at Noshville. Terah and I were attempting to take a self-portrait when a kind bystander took pity on us and snapped the picture above.



And what could be more natural in the center of Music City than the Nashville Parthenon? It was built in 1897 as part of the Tennessee Centennial Exposition, and Nashvillians became strangely attached to it. It really is a sight to behold.

3 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Ali said...

You know - I learned to drive a stick shift at the Parthenon in Nashville!

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suz-
I had such a fabulous time with you this weekend. I'm so thankful for your friendship! Love & Hugs! Terah

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Ali,
That's very odd. Of all places. I will have to hear this story.

Terah! Thank you for a wonderful weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home