Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Hitchhiker


Yesterday I played a small role in my friend Alicia's independent short film "The Hitchhiker." Based on the story of the prodigal son, the film follows Peter as he leaves his family behind to pursue pleasure and success at any cost. I played Meg, Peter's assistant and girlfriend, and my role involved slapping him in the face (which I had to do six or seven times). The part of Peter was played by fellow Stick Horse, Jared, and it was painful for me (and him) to slap him repeatedly. After one particularly realistic slap, he gave me a reassuring hug — as if to remind me that we were still friends, despite my sudden violence. Too bad for him, he didn't have a stunt double. You can watch a trailer of "The Hitchhiker" here.

2 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger Ashleigh said...

Sounds like fun (aside from the slapping) and a lot of hard work. Brings back thoughts of my grad school days ...

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A stunt double?!?!?! No way. I'm a real actor. I don't need a stunt double. You had a few good pops. Great job. REmember I grew up with two big brothers. I've much more abuse than that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home