Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Confessions of a DTR Consultant


We sat, just the two of us, at the cafeteria table. He produced a notebook and pen from his backpack as I pushed the pasta around on my plate. He tore out a sheet of paper and handed me the pen.

"OK," I said, removing the cap. "Here's what you need to do."

I was on a mission. My brother needed my help.

And so goes the tale of one of my first "defining the relationship" consulting sessions. This one had a very happy result. You can read about it in today's article on Boundless. A few of my blog readers may be familiar with this story. (Although, my brother would probably never become aware of it if it weren't for Anna.)

My sister-in-law, Anna, used to tell me, "You are very wise about relationships. Especially since you have never really dated." I considered that a compliment. The truth is, you can learn valuable truths from observing the successes (and failures) of others. If you're single, I hope the article will encourage you (For a DTR certainly lies in your future). If you're married, I hope it will bring a smile at the remembrance of your own DTR. Any good stories out there? Please, do tell....


4 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Annie said...

our (Paul and I) first DTR was disasterous ... but we lived through it ... it was a matter of timing. Looking forward to reading your article.

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your article was great Suz! I liked it mucho!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

It was great to read your article...to get a little "behind the scenes" peek at how their relationship developed!

Oh, by the way, your little bio on your Boundless articles needs an edit...it should say you enjoy spending time with your nephewS! ;)

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Good point, Sarah! I thought of that last time an article published but forgot to have them change it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home