Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Monday, May 19, 2008

Cousins and Charlotte


This past weekend, I spent some time in Charlotte before my writer's conference visiting my cousins. First I hung out with my 19-year-old cousin Katie. She's a soccer player at the University of North Carolina Charlotte. I loved getting to spend some time with her. We had a little conversation about running.

Me: I like running in humidity. It's comforting on your lungs.

Katie: That's one way of looking at it. I'll have to tell my teammates that. C'mon, guys. It's comforting!


Next I visited with my cousin Brooke and her family--Bob, Caroline and Claire. I saw them at the family reunion in July, but it was wonderful to spend some extended, personal time with them. Caroline is very mature and polite for an almost-5-year-old. She told more than one adult: "This is my mom's cousin, Suzanne. She lives in Colorado."


On Saturday we attended a local small town festival. I bought a blue beaded bracelet and Caroline got a pink one. "I'll think of you when I wear this," she said.


I definitely have a new friend.


Fourteen-month-old Claire was adorable, too. (Though not entirely cooperative for the camera.)

Thank you, Brooke, for your hospitality and sharing your dear family with me.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your family is DARLING...and so are YOU!
heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home