Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Eventfulness

This past week has been eventful for me.

There were some actual events: improv workshop, improv show, a concert, a sick day (is that an event?), a CEF meeting. But mostly the eventfulness is in my heart, relationships and the things God is doing.

A few realizations from all this eventfulness:

  1. God is a mystery. As I watch Him work in my life and the lives of those around me, I realize I understand very little of the big picture. This is good, because God's ways are higher than my own (Isaiah 55:9).

  2. Perhaps what God is doing in me is more significant than the things I'm praying He'll do in others.

  3. A verse that is meaningful to me right now: "We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God" (2 Cor. 5:20, emphasis mine).

  4. God is an "ever-present help in trouble" (Psalm 46:1)...or helplessness or inadequacy or confusion.

I love the moments where God meets me and asks me to depend on Him. There's an urgency that seems to open my eyes to the spiritual. That kind of eventfulness is a wonderful thing.

2 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Becky said...

I can't wait to hear more about what God's doing in your life! Looking forward to a walk tonight!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger [ruth anjali esther] said...

hey friend :) so sweet to hear your heart. I love those 'God moments.'

random-- have you hear of the art music justice tour? thought it'd be something you were interested in :)

http://myspace.com/artmusicjustice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home