Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Friday, December 19, 2008

Vessel of Honor on Boundless


I couldn't believe what was happening.

The shuttle driver was prophesying. Not just praying with gusto, as I had seen him do in the past, but full out prophesying. What had begun as a simple prayer for the children in the Sunday school class I teach had become a very personal word from God to me.

I'd had half a dozen spiritual conversations with Tony, the 50-something shuttle driver at my local mechanic shop, and he'd prayed for me before. But this day was different. Without knowing my personal history, Tony proclaimed:

"Thank you, Lord, for preserving her. Thank you for preserving her purity. You have set her aside for a purpose. She is a vessel of honor."

Read more....

6 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Love the article! So encouraging. Terah and I just had a similar conversation yesterday.

Isaiah 43 - It's always encouraging and usually hard to understand how the God who created the stars and the earth, etc. could feel that way about me - but He does.

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always love your articles, suzanne...

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Ms. S said...

Swinging over from Boundless to say I really enjoy your articles.

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, this is your friend/fan from Malaysia! haha..well i just wanted to tell you how encouraging your article was to me.

I am single, for a while now and i cannot count the times when i felt really insecure about my status and wondered if the Lord has forgotten me, as i watch my friends around me getting married.

As much as i am rejoicing with them, there has been times of absolute painful loneliness and longing..and thats where self- doubt creeps in. ( i believe you understand what im talking about)

But i am again reminded to enjoy and learn to place my faith in the Lord yet again in this season in my life.

And so suzanne, as much as you have encouraged me half way across the world, i also want to encourage you ..to know that you're not alone on this journey..so let us love and enjoy this season in our lives with all our hearts!.. for He has not forgotten us :)

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Terah Lynn said...

Thanks for the refreshing reminder Suz!

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Thanks, everyone, for the encouraging comments! I appreciate you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home