Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Boomerang Express


So last year, the night before Vacation Bible School, I met Kevin. I was wearing my Wordless Book bracelet, which he noticed, and we struck up our first conversation at Starbucks. This year, we're working together at my church's VBS—The Boomerang Express. The theme is the Australian Outback.


Kevin plays William P. Williams, a goofy outback guide, in the VBS skit. Today he had to look like a radiator blew up in his face.


Scary!

But seriously, I am having a blast working with my 22 sixth graders. They are a delight. Fifteen of them are boys, and I'm so blessed to see these young men learn their verses, do the song motions, gently help kindergarten kids and sing their lungs out in worship. Today, when I gave a couple of them their prize (an 8-pack of mini-snickers bars) for memorizing all five verses, one of them said, "Thank you so much!!!"

I have to tell you: Things are looking good for this generation.

2 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Sarah Hadley said...

Ah, doesn't VBS go by so fast? Always a blast, and crazy busy, but such a quick flash! Glad you had a good time this year.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Mrs. Rebekah Simon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home