Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Have You Heard the Good News?


Last week I resumed my Good News Club at Antelope Trails Elementary. This is my third year teaching the Club. I’m always hesitant going back into it, because it requires leaving work at 3 p.m. every Thursday and making the 15-minute trek up to Glen Eagle. Not to mention, I have to prepare to teach the Bible lesson, memory verse and other Club elements.

The payoff, of course, is the kids. They love Club, and their enthusiasm for it is contagious. Last year 26 girls attended and four of them accepted Jesus as their personal Savior. I was humbled to see the Holy Spirit begin to work in these girls’ lives and open their eyes to spiritual things!

We didn’t advertise going into this year, so I didn’t know what to expect when I showed up at school on Thursday. Nine children came, including two boys! Zach, a blond-headed boy with large glasses, a missing tooth and loads of personality, informed me immediately that he was the Nutcracker in the school play. After that, we were fast friends.

Midway through Club, as we all sat in a circle, I asked if anyone could tell me what the “Good News” was. Zach flipped both hands palms up at his sides in a gesture of exasperation: “I wasn’t here last year, but I WISH I KNEW!”

Yes, Zach, I wish you knew, too. It's good to be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home