Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Blog Buddies


I was in Delaware this weekend for a writers conference. The conference was great, but last night was definitely my favorite part of the weekend. My friend Danielle, whom I'd met only through this blog, drove down from Baltimore to meet me for dinner. We ate at local Newark spot called the Home Grown. The food was amazing (I had penne with vodka sauce, which I'd seen offered in several local places) and there was some great live music which made it feel like a true local experience. After dinner, we headed over to Starbucks to talk some more.

We talked about how our friends (and her husband) thought it was odd that we were getting together after only knowing each other through our blogs. But I am so glad we did! We had so many connections and things in common, including both having lived in York, PA, for a significant portion of our lives, both being oldest home schooled children, both loving writing and print media. We even knew many of the same people. By the end of the evening, I was not surprised when Danielle began talking about something that I had also experienced. I only wish we lived closer! Still, it amazes me how God orchestrates events to bring people into your life in unusual ways. I really needed to hear a few of the things Danielle said last night. I consider the fact that God allowed us to meet in this way a very special kind of blessing.

2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

That's so cool! I'm glad you guys had a great time visiting.

And I don't think it's weird...I've met a lot of my online friends, and have even gone to weekend getaways twice with some of them. I think it's neat how God can use the Internet to connect His children!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Ted Slater said...

That is cool. It's wild thinking that the Lord had a conception of the blogosphere as he moulded clay into Adam so many centuries ago....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home