Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Monday, August 21, 2006

In the Park


I just got back from Rocky Mountain National Park. (Here I'm standing next to the Continental Divide.) In the next few days I will be blogging about the wonderful visit I had with my parents. We took a trip up Pike's Peak on the cog railway. We visited my mom's childhood home in Drake. And we revisited the places in Rocky Mountain National Park where my parents met and fell in love. I felt like a pampered only child and cherished the quality time I got to spend with Mom and Dad.



Last night I got to fillet my own trout at the Sundeck Restaurant in Estes Park.



Today we retraced Mom and Dad's steps as they met at Trailridge Gift Shop, lived at cabins in Grand Lake and hiked to Lulu City. This is the picnic table where my mom first met my dad's parents when they drove through for a visit. My dad's parents were camping, and they ate breakfast here.

More great stories coming soon to a blog near you.

5 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Blogger Ashleigh said...

How fun! Ted and I are wanting to do the cog railway to Pikes Peak, so I'm looking forward to hearing about that!

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute!! Your parents seem like they are still very much in love :)
Glad you had a nice visit!

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely. You're very fortunate to have this.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger K said...

This is so sweet -- I love your parents and what they are taking the time to do now that they are empty nesters.

Kelly

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great time with your parents!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home