Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Home For Christmas Could Be Tricky


I'm stuck at home for a second day due to "the most powerful storm to hit Colorado since March 2003." Fox News reports United has cancelled 160 flights going out of the Denver airport. They don't expect air travel to resume from there until at least noon tomorrow. The backlog could affect my travel on Saturday.

After reading the article, I am thankful to be safe at home with plenty of food, power, phone, Internet and movies. I've actually got it very, very good. And if I can't get home for Christmas, it will be a first. I've always known snow-related delays were a possibility. For now, I'm just enjoying the extra time to get things done around the house. And since I've no place to go (for the time being), let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

4 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I hope you are able to make it home for Christmas so it won't have to be "only in your dreams"! :-)

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Gail said...

it's looking like one of my friends won't be able to travel home to wyoming (which apparently is also covered with snow) so my family is adopting her...i've run all over town today buying presents so she has gifts to open christmas morning! i hope she gets to go home but this is also just a great opportunity to share the gift of hospitality with those who are stuck...

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Deanna,

That's so awesome. Your friend is very blessed! If I couldn't get home, I would hope someone would "adopt" me, too. Have a blessed Christmas!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

I flew home (to Tucson) on Wednesday from Minneapolis. When I got here, I found out that a friend (an old roommate) of mine who was intending to fly home to Fort Collins was stuck here. So it was kind of bonus for me to be able to see him. I guess he got a flight out tomorrow, which is cool.

Hope you get home safe! Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home