Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

When a Writer Plans Your Itinerary


Tomorrow I will be taking a weekend trip to Washington D.C. I'm representing my magazines at a Go Fish! concert (remember these guys?). One of the highlights will be spending some time with friend and fellow Boundless writer Carolyn McCulley.

Carolyn has been super gracious in helping me plan a lot of the details of my trip. I think my favorite e-mail from her showcased some possibilities for dinner tomorrow night:

"As for dinner, I can think of a ton of places to go. Some ideas to consider — Indian, Spanish tapas, Vietnamese, Afghan, Lebanese, vegetarian. Any sound good? If you want to sit outside, I might recommend Bacchus, a Lebanese restaurant with a nice outdoor patio. If you want chef-driven nouvelle cuisine, there's David-Craig. If you want want luxurious Indian, there's lots to choose from."


I smiled at how a writer can make a simple dinner meeting sound like an exotic experience. How am I supposed to choose between "chef-driven nouvelle" and "luxurious Indian"? That's why I decided on Lebanese with a nice outdoor patio. Sounds inviting, doesn't it? I'll let you know how it goes.

3 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Gail said...

last time i went up to cov life caroline suggested denny's...which is neither chef driven nor luxurious...but there were also about 15 of us and it was 11:30 at night...

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger anne said...

ohh...have fun!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger cat418 said...

SOOOOO Jealous!!! Charlotte is definitely lacking in the ethnic food category. Oh, how I miss DC! Have fun and eat lots for me. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home