Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pray for Steven Curtis Chapman


Yesterday I told my writing class that I became a journalist so I could meet my favorite Christian music artist, Steven Curtis Chapman. I've had that privilege three times. I was shocked and saddened to hear the news this morning that his youngest daughter, Maria, was killed yesterday when she was hit by a car in her driveway. Steven and his wife, Mary Beth, have been advocates for International adoption and adopted three daughters from China: Shaoey, Stevey Joy and Maria.
"After our first trip to China, my wife and I knew our lives were changing — our eyes and hearts were opening to how big God really is, and we have wanted to experience more of that," Chapman says on the [Shaohannah's Hope] Web site. "We've really wondered whether or not we should just go to China and stay there. But I don't think so. I believe God is saying, 'I want you to go, get your heart broken, your eyes opened, and then take this story back to the church in America and around the world."

Please pray for the Chapmans during this difficult time.
This is not at all how
We thought it was supposed to be
We had so many plans for you
We had so many dreams
And now you've gone away
And left us with the memories of your smile
And nothing we can say
And nothing we can do
Can take away the pain
The pain of losing you, but...

We can cry with hope
We can say goodbye with hope
'Cause we know our goodbye is not the end.
And we can grieve with hope
'Cause we believe with hope
There's a place where we'll see your face again.

(lyrics from "With Hope" by Steven Curtis Chapman)

3 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Ashleigh said...

I just cried when I heard the news earlier this morning. Am praying ...

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I heard about this last night...so sad, and how heartbreaking for everyone, but especially her brother who was driving the car that hit her... Praying for them all, too...

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read about this this morning. Very sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home