Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Sunday, June 29, 2008

VBS 2008 Outrigger Island

Vacation Bible School was amazing. I had the privilege of working with 29 sixth graders who participated in the Counselor in Training (CIT) program. Many of them have attended my Sunday school class during the past year. A few things I learned this week:

  1. When conducting a hula outfit making competition, do not divide teams into boys and girls. Boys will immediately use crepe paper to create a mummy and then spin him until he falls down.



  2. A little bit of kindness goes a long way.



  3. Sixth graders aren't too old for stickers.



  4. Example is the most powerful motivator.



  5. A sixth grade boy can eat five donuts in one sitting.



  6. Sometimes a troublemaker just needs a mission.



  7. The best words in the world: "Last night I accepted Jesus as my Savior."


1 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Becky said...

GREAT post, Suzanne. Can't wait to hear more about it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home