Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Old Friends and Pumpkins


The last Suz-Terah extravaganza took place in Nashville, Tenn.


Fall is my favorite season. Leaves changing color. Warm, spicy drinks. Hats and scarves. I also love the abundance of pumpkin-related foods. Yesterday a friend and I enjoyed pumpkin bagels with pumpkin cream cheese. And, of course there is my perennial favorite: the Pumpkin Spice Latte. I'm not crazy about the pumpkin ice cream, although it's OK. I hear that the restaurant where my roommate works serves a mean pumpkin cheesecake.

This weekend, my dear friend Terah will be in town. We will be enjoying our yearly "extravaganza." On Saturday, we will kick off the day with a 5K race beside a pumpkin patch and cornfield. Following the "Great Pumpkin Run," we plan to have breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Then some serious shopping will ensue, most likely followed by a chick flick. This constitutes a perfect fall day for me.

What are your fall traditions? Whatever they are, remember this: Viva la pumpkin!

1 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger Terah Lynn said...

I am ready for our extravaganza and all things pumpkin! YIPPEE!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home