Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Movie Stars


I recently finished a story for Clubhouse on this brother and sister, Jenna and Cayden Boyd. The article will be in the November issue, but I interviewed the kids in May. You may recognize Jenna from "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and Cayden from "The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl" and "Mystic River."

I didn't know what to expect for my first "celebrity" interview. We met in Burbank and I chatted with the Boyds over "Chunky Monkey" and "Peanut Butter Cup" at Ben and Jerry's. I was impressed. Jenna, the obvious leader of the two, admitted that she's a "baby Christian." She accepted Christ just this year. Her testimony is powerful for kids who have grown up in a Christian home but never made a personal decision to follow Christ. "I knew all about God," she said, "but I'd never made a decision to give my life to Him."

Cayden, who agreed with everything his sister said, plans to shine his light one person at a time. "I'm proud to tell people I'm a child of God," he said.

I was blessed to meet this pair of committed Christians who are shining a light in Hollywood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home