Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Meet Herb



This is Herb. Herb is a pumpkin. Herb has a nose that looks kind of like a Christmas tree. I like Herb.

Tonight I went to my friend's pumpkin-carving party. About eight of us carved pumpkins. Laughter and creativity abounded. Neighbor Clem (whose actual name is Brandon) carved Nemo (the cartoon fish), a turtle and waves into his pumpkin. He also used a drill to create a mass of bubbles. On a sidenote, this is the second year in a row that I've witnessed a guy using a drill to carve a pumpkin. Drilling holes in vegetables seems to hold the same attraction for guys as setting things on fire. Jack-O-Lanterns are perfect, I guess. Drill, then set on fire.

I decided to go traditional and freehand a spooky-ish face. My pumpkin ended up having the Hadley nose (exaggerated of course), so I named him after my grandfather, Herb. Herb the pumpkin also has a perfectly placed Cindy Crawford mole above his right tooth.

I had a super time carving pumpkins and sharing laughter and fall goodies with friends. I'm not sure Herb had as much fun, though. Just take a look at his grumpy expression. Lighten up, Herb. (Ha! He does!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home