Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Monday, November 07, 2005

Extravaganza!


On Saturday I had an extravaganza. My friend Terah is a kindred spirit. It doesn't matter if we haven't seen each other for a year; our conversation flows just as though no time has passed. Terah was one of my first friends in Colorado Springs, and for two years (until she moved to Indiana), we developed a series of wonderful traditions: running (the picture is from my first 5K three years ago), ER on Thursday nights, shopping in Denver, breakfast at Cracker Barrel, chick flicks. At times these activities would be concentrated to a single day or weekend, and we began calling them "Terah Suz Extravaganzas."

Terah was in town this weekend, and Saturday we had an extravaganza — a daylong celebration of our friendship. We ate, we shopped, we talked, we laughed, we sang, we cried. I couldn't have asked for a better day. I felt refreshed and encouraged by soaking up the presence of a good friend. I think all friends should have extravaganzas! Friendship is worth celebrating.

1 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

How fun! Yes, friendship is definitely worth celebrating! Glad you had such a delightful day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home