Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Friday, November 11, 2005

Reflected Glory


On Wednesday night I picked up my brother, Matt, sister-in-law, Anna, and 4-month-old nephew, Ben at the Denver airport. I can’t believe how much Ben has grown since August! His head is huge. "I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik!” (Anyone know the quote?) But he is undeniably adorable.

Ben is content in new situations and around new people, which has allowed us to explore what Colorado Springs has to offer unhindered. And not to brag, but Ben LOVES his Aunty Suz. :) I look at him, and he gives me his old man grin — where he curves his top lip like an old man whose dentures are out and grins at the same time. It’s so cute! I hope to capture this expression on film for your enjoyment.

Yesterday the kids in my Good News Club got to meet Matt, Anna and Ben. The kids told me I should get points for bringing three friends to Club. Matt taught the memory verse, and one of my two boys asked hopefully, “Are you going to teach the whole club?” It was a treat for them to have a guy to interact with. (And great intro, Matt! ;)

This weekend we plan to see the sights and visit our grandparents up in Parker. Ben is their first great-grandchild, so they're looking forward to meeting him. I’m drinking a lot of coffee these days and a bit jealous that after staying up until midnight, Matt and Anna get to sleep in while I go to work. But sleep-deprivation is well worth the laughs and good conversations we've had ("Track, track!").

Later today Matt, Anna and Ben will visit Focus to see my office and meet my co-workers. I'm looking forward to showing off my nephew. One thing I’ve observed: you get a lot of reflected glory when you carry around a cute baby. :)

2 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

So glad you guys are having a good time! I'm not TOO jealous, since I get to spend Thanksgiving week with them! ;-) Hope the rest of their visit is unforgettable!

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love 'Ax Murderer!'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home