Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Sunday, January 15, 2006

I Heart Libraries!


My friend Krish and I took a fieldtrip up to the Denver Seminary Library yesterday. This library boasts more than 159,000 titles, so I thought it would be the perfect place to begin research on a book I'm writing about young adults and the church.

I was right. The library was incredible. I found quite a few books related to my topic (and written within the last two years). Plus, it was super quiet on a Saturday morning. Being there reminded me of my days at Multnomah. Sometimes I'd wake up at 7 on a Saturday morning, eat breakfast and then hide away in the library for six or more hours (doing Needham's check grades).

I'm out of practice. Krish and I only lasted 3 hours and 15 minutes. Still, the trip was rewarding, and I'm sure I'll be spending many more happy hours in this library.

2 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

Oooo, I love libraries too! I remember being little and getting that excited feeling in my stomach everytime we went. And I still love them!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Me too, me too! Libraries are cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home