Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Friday, August 25, 2006

The Importance of Hair


I found these quotes in a book about hairstyles of the 1940s.

"Today every woman that's worth her salt is working some job. If she isn't working in a defense plant or an office, then she's devoting every free moment to volunteer work to help the war effort. She wants to look feminine and attractive, but at the same time she wants to look smart and efficient on the job." (Circa 1943)


And my favorite:

"Yes, her very life, her home, the man she will marry, often depends on the art of bringing fresh loveliness to her hair." (Circa 1942)


No pressure.

2 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

How funny! Andrew seems to think I look my best when my hair is windblown and messy...go figure! I'm glad I don't have to have perfect hair all the time!

 
At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never thought of bringing freshness to my hair, aside from washing it! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home