Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Boundary Issues


I've talked about my housemate before. She has lived with me since August, and having her in my home has been the most terrifying and wonderful thing. Terrifying because I realize how little control I have. Wonderful because God's purpose in us knowing one another is constantly confirmed.

Two nights ago, we had coffee. As we talked about life and God, Sveta said, "You're the best Christian I know." I swallowed. Such a responsibility, especially when I am so keenly aware of my shortcomings. I'd rather not be the best Christian someone knows. I'm not that good. At the same time, it is an honor to represent Christ in such a way. I pray that He will help me live out Micah 6:8: "He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." A tall order but one that is worth pursuing.

Read about some of the things I've learned in "Boundary Issues" on Boundless.

3 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good moments :) You ARE such a good representative of Christ Suz. It really pours out of you in everything you. Sveta was right on the money.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Thanks, Kelsey. Your words are very kind. We need to get together for lunch soon!

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, we will do that soon! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home