Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Monday, December 24, 2007

Hadfam Christmas


My time in the Northwest has been ultra-wonderful so far. I saw college friends, got my first facial, Christmas caroled, watched "Alvin and the Chipmunks," danced with my nephews, ate too many cookies, wrapped presents and attended the Christmas Eve service at my brother's church.

Tomorrow is Christmas. This Christmas season as I reflect on Christ's birth what the Lord keeps putting on my heart is giving Him my best. I recently studied the stories of Cain and Abel and Ananias and Saphira. In both stories, someone failed to give God their best...their first fruits. Tonight, my brother's pastor talked about the wise men and encouraged us to give Jesus our treasures. What are your treasures? I hope you'll think about how you can give the best of them to Jesus in 2008. I know I will. Merry Christmas!

A few more Christmas pictures of my family.

2 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suzanne, I've been meaning to thank you for the Bounless article you wrote for Christmas. When I read the fist half, I felt that overwhelming "you're describing me" feeling. The second half left me with hope, and in heeding your advice with the help of the Holy Spirit, this past Christmas was probably the best one I've had since adulthood started.

I hope the same was true for you, Happy New Year!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Christina,
I am so blessed to hear that! Thank you for telling me. Ever since I wrote that article three years ago, my Christmases have been much, much better. Just allowing my purpose in Christ accompany me on the trip makes a big difference. Thanks again for the post.

Suzanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home