Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Thursday, December 06, 2007

How We Thank You That You've Come


Today I've been listening to "Manger Throne" performed by City on a Hill. I love this song because it reminds me of the heart of Jesus — His humility (Philippians 2:5-11) and sacrifice (Isaiah 53:5). As someone recently reminded me: "This isn't the stuff that makes it on Christmas cards."

What kind of King would leave His throne
In Heaven to make this earth His home?
While men seek fame and great renown
In loneliness our King comes down

Jesus, Jesus, precious One
How we thank You that You've come
Jesus, Jesus, precious One
A manger throne for God’s own Son

You left the sound of angels' praise
To come for men with unkind ways
And by this Baby's helplessness
The power of nations is laid to rest

What kind of King would come so small
From glory to a humble stall?
That dirty manger is my heart, too
I'll make it a royal throne for You

My heart is a throne
My heart is a throne for God's own Son

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home