Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Conversation

Kids say the best things. Particularly on holidays. I had the pleasure of spending Thanksgiving with a few Stick Horses and Toby's family, including his three nephews and niece.

Overheard:

Nathan, 9, (in response to Hunter talking about improv): "You know, it's polite to explain to everyone at the table what you're talking about, so they feel included."


*************

Isaac, 5, (talking about the cranberries): "Do you like these, Mommy?"

Mommy: "Yes, I do."

Isaac: "I'm glad you like these, Mommy. I hate them."

*************

Ellie, 2 1/2, (upon being asked what she was cooking in the toy kitchen): "Mac and Cheese and yogurt."

**************

And my favorite. Nathan (after learning that he might be going to bed at Grandma and Grandpa's): "Hmm. I should have brought my Bible."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home