Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Friday, November 23, 2007

Mia vs. Yarn Ball


A few of you are aware of the trials I've experienced with my new kitten, Mia. (Mainly nursing hands that look like they met Edward Scissorhands in a rose bush forest.) I wrote this about her on another blog:

I think whoever made up the phrase "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" knew my cat, Mia. She has the potential to be cute and snuggly but mostly she chooses to bite (and destroy pantyhose). I believe she may have been a ninja warrior in another life. She stalks like a tiger and then bites to kill. How can I convince her my hand is not prey? Mia was abandoned by her mother as a tiny kitten, so maybe it's just childhood issues. Does anyone know a cat whisperer?

You'd never know she's attack cat from this cute, innocent video. A kitten playing with a ball of yarn...what's cuter than that?

5 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Stefanie said...

what I wouldn't give to play with Mia, biting and all. She's quite cute!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Stefanie,

You are welcome to come over and play with Mia any time. We should set up a time. :)

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Did you consider that she may not be playing with the yarn, but trying to kill it? ;-)

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

To stop a cat from biting, as soon as she starts to bite or scratch your hand (which you should never allow, even in play) just bop her on the nose and say "NO!" sharply, and then walk away and refuse to interact with her for a while. She should get the idea soon enough that biting brings unwanted results. Hope that helps a little!

She is awfully cute, though!

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home