Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

"Kindness" on Ungrind



When my friend Ashleigh asked if she could reprint my article "Practice Non-Random Acts of Kindness," on her Webzine Ungrind, I was excited. Partly because this is one of my favorite articles and partly because it contains one of my favorite stories about my brother, Matt.
When my brother became a junior high youth pastor, he didn't do it alone. Dog-Bear was by his sideā€”or more precisely, on his dash. Matt had purchased the cheap, plastic bobble head at a thrift store some time during college. Applied with duct tape, the bulbous-eyed creature became a conversation starter and spawned a lively debate as to whether it was, in fact, a dog or a bear.

Dog-Bear ended up playing a role in a specific act of kindness, which inspired me to write this article. While you're at Ungrind, take a look around. It's a great Webzine.

1 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger Ashleigh said...

Suzanne, thanks so much for letting us reprint it. It's one of my favorites that you've written, so I'm so excited to be able to share it with Ungrind readers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home