Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Thursday, March 13, 2008

The God of "Yes"


A few weeks ago, I was going through a period of discouragement. Doors were closing left and right, and I didn't understand why. In the midst of that, the Lord ministered to me one Sunday morning during worship. He impressed upon me the idea that He desires to give me good gifts. And that if what I desperately want isn't happening, it must not be the good He has stored up for me. What a refreshing and wonderful truth.

I was reminded of a special date my dad took me on when I was 17. It was the fancy kind for my birthday. We went to an elegant seafood restaurant on the coast and then drove and hour and a half to Seattle to see Phantom of the Opera. For me, it was a perfect evening. And I pondered what would have happened if, instead of accepting the wonderful evening my dad offered, I demanded a pizza party or movie instead. I would have missed out. Big time.

In my new Boundless article, "He Says Yes," I explore the truth that our heavenly Father desires to give us good, nourishing gifts. When we're close to Him, we don't have to fear we're missing out.

4 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Suzanne, I loved this article! Thanks so much for sharing it here! Very encouraging!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Thanks, Sarah! I'm glad it encouraged you. :) It's fun sharing cute nephews with you.

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article!
You are in a good place to feel your Father's touch :)

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Thank you for the reminder of God's great gifts. I have gifts that I would love to lavish on my girls but I know I must wait until the right time. Oh how easy it is to forget that our Father does the same for us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home