Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Free Lunch


I told my coworker Jamie I'd post this picture. Wednesday was our company picnic. It was held at a Sky Sox baseball game and included a free lunch of a hotdog, bag of chips and soft drink. After returning to our seats with our lunches, Jamie opened hers up first.

"I got gypped!" she said. (It just hit me for the first time what the origin of that statement is.)

She only had about half of a hotdog in her bun. We laughed about it, and then I opened mine. Same thing! I briefly wondered if my company was trying to save money on the free lunches. We walked up toward the snack bar and showed a few of our friends.

Their consensus: "Take them back."

So we did. And I'm happy to say we both were given full-sized hotdogs. We checked them before we left the stand.

4 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Ashleigh said...

That is too funny! Ted was going to bring the two older girls to the game, but since it looked like rain, they ended up doing something else indoors.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Hilarious!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Bekah said...

hahaha.. that's funny.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Nice! It looks so lonely there inside the bun! : ) I love that you can see raindrops on your shorts too... that pretty much sums up the day! It was fun, though. I had never thought of the origin of that word either... how funny! I hope you're having a great time away!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home