Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Shuffle on Down the Road


This post will serve two purposes:

First, I need to praise again the benefits of Jared's training program. I am up to 8 miles on my long runs, 4 miles on my tempo runs (10-minute miles) and 2.5 on my sprints. I'm finding that my runs are getting easier all the time. August 9 is the date of my half-marathon, and I will be ready.

Second, I finally gave in and bought my first iPod. I've been using an older model that a friend gave me, but it's very clunky for running (and its tendency to tug on my waistband has nearly caused a wardrobe malfunction on several occasions). Because I'm looking for an exercise iPod, I went for the shuffle (which you can get at a 48 percent discount on overstock.com). I can't wait for it to arrive.

I am not a runner. Really. (Read my sweet sentiments on running here!) That's why I'm so thankful for Jared's help. All that to say: If I can run, anyone can!

5 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger Becky said...

YAY! We'll gave twin iPods! I got mine on Overstock.com and I LOVE it.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I know! I thought about going with a different color, but I loved yours so much I thought we could be shuffle twins. :)

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

dude... i'm so going to incorporate this running program into my exercise routine... i hate running.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

So, Frank...you hate running but you WANT to run? This sounds familiar.

 
At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should check out www.eHalfOff.com instead of Overstock.com -- same discounts but I get a small commission on your purchase! (That way I can Suzanne one of her beloved lattes!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home