Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Monday, April 21, 2008

Running...Again

A few of the Stick Horses and I will be running the famed Bolder Boulder 10K on Memorial Day. In case you don't know, a 10K is 6.2 miles. Jared was kind enough to prepare a training schedule for me. It goes something like this:

One run per week: long, 2.5 miles building up to 5.5 miles, running a little slower than desired race speed

One run per week: speed, 1 mile building up to 2 miles (in 1/4-mile to 1/2-mile sprints with rest in between)

One run per week: tempo, fluctuating from 1.5 to 3 miles, running at desired race speed

Jared also showed me how you can use Google Earth to determine routes (including mileage) for outdoor runs. I've completed one week of training so far and am looking forward to my second long run this evening.

3 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger Becky said...

WOW! Good for you!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Hello Suzanne,

What a delight to find your comment at my youtube--happy surprises like that make my day!

I finished up my blog last year because I realised I had too many projects on the go. I'm hoping to begin personal blogging again eventually when some other obligations cease, but for now my sister and I are craftblogging at http://gypsysisters.typepad.com.

I'm adding you to my newly remade blogroll so I can keep in touch with your world again. :)

Every blessing! xox

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Terah Lynn said...

Suz, look at you running races! One of these days I'm going to come out and run the Boulder Boulder. I've always wanted to run that race and regret that i never did when I lived there. I have another 5k coming up on May 3rd...it's a Cinco de Mayo Run (although they should call it Tres de Mayo :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home