Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Friday, July 18, 2008

Jared and Suz on the Women's 5K

I was considering running the Women's Distance Festival 5K this Saturday but decided against it. The discussion that follows explains why.

Me (to Jared): I was just checking out the Web site for the women’s race you suggested. No bitterness here at all:
“The swifter women runners have an opportunity to actually lead a race, instead of chasing some guy with hairy legs. And the middle and back of the pack women runners don't have to be bothered with all the hustle and bustle and elbowing of a guy trying to make a big pass.”

You evil, evil man-person.

Jared (to me): Well, I at least thank you for still considering me a person. Instead of some evil, evil man-thing. Or evil, evil hairy leg monster. I do have quite a bit of hair, but there are some others out there that have me beat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home