Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Monday, October 13, 2008

Bekah's Wedding


My sister Bekah got married on Saturday. Fall leaves, lanterns, orange bridesmaid dresses, painted sand dollars, red roses, tulle, white lights, an original love song sung by my brother and sister, a grandfather present, a bride who looked like a princess and her ecstatic prince culminated to create one of the most magical, beautiful, memorable weddings I have ever experienced.


Bekah's artistic touches and Ezra's craftsmanship were all over the event. Ezra built a wooden canopy, which stood on stage, draped with garlands of fall leaves. Swoops of tulle and white lights extended from a hoop in the center of the room to its outer edges. Bekah painted 200 sand dollars in warm metallic colors as wedding favors. My brother Matt wrote an original song (and performed it with my sister Sarah) to capture the couple's fairy tale romance and produced a "Wedding Story" style video to give guests a taste of their relationship. One of the coolest touches was the six silhouettes that Bekah and Ezra created on canvas. They used a light to create the poses and then painted them in black and red.


The day was crisp and sunny. My nephew Ben succeeded in his ring bearing duties (he took his job VERY seriously). My aunt, uncle and grandfather journeyed from the East Coast to celebrate with us. The wedding was at 2, and Bekah and Ezra didn't leave the church until 7. Instead of having guests see them off in their car, I watched them go out to the car in which my grandfather was riding and give him the royal send off.


I'm proud of Bekah. I'm proud of Ezra. Christ's love was celebrated in their covenant day.





More wedding pictures.

2 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Ashleigh said...

Looks like a beautiful wedding!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Stefanie said...

I love the idea of the silhouettes painted as decorations! Very creative. I'm glad it was so beautiful. And your post before the wedding, about the heart God has given you over it: wow. What grace. Glad to see the pictures and hear how it all went!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home