Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Talking Age on the Boundless Show


Kevin made his Boundless Show debut this week, when we were invited in the studio to talk about our relationship—specifically our age difference. We had a lot of fun chatting with Ted Slater and his wife, Ashleigh, who also have an age difference (only it goes the opposite direction). I really appreciated hearing Kevin's answers and insights. Our discussion is right at the beginning of the show.

4 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger Brenna Kate Simonds, Living Unveiled said...

I enjoyed the show :) My husband and I started dating when I was 25 and he was 21. He was still in college, which was a challenge. But I do agree that marrying an older woman can add some stability.

Congrats!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Amber said...

I also married my husband when I was 25 and he was 21. It can be hard at times being further along the career road than your husband is and having more life experience--it tends to invert the traditional male/female roles. But perhaps it also forces you to be more conscious of setting them. And it means you'll be a widow for fewer years. :)
Amber (Becky's friend)

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi suzanne,
i was SO SO SO SO SO SO excited to hear on the boundless show that you and kevin got engaged. i feel like i sort of know you from reading your blog and listening to you on boundless, even though you don't know me, and i'm really really happy that you finally are getting married! the Lord will reward you for your faithfulness and patience.
i look forward to your continued wisdom and insight since i'm a decade behind you and have no prospects in sight. the Lord really uses you to be a huge encouragement to me!
love in Christ,
heidi

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

My dear, it was fun to hear the interview and "meet" your Kevin. He sounds thoughtful and smart. I also appreciated the interviewer's spunk - she wasn't afraid to say/ask anything! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home