Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Thursday, March 23, 2006


In his first literary appearance (that I'm aware of), I present to you Dog-Bear, Ladies and Gentlemen.

When my brother became a junior high youth pastor, he didn't do it alone. Dog-Bear was by his side — or more precisely, on his dash. Matt had purchased the cheap, plastic bobble head at a thrift store some time during college. Applied with duct tape, the bulbous-eyed creature became a conversation starter and spawned a lively debate as to whether it was, in fact, a dog or a bear.


For more, read "Practicing Non-Random Acts of Kindness," new today on Boundless.

6 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Ashleigh said...

Hi Suzanne! I discovered your blog through my husband Ted.

I always enjoy your Boundless articles, but this one is my favorite. I loved it! When I read it I was challenged, encouraged, and convicted. I'm hoping to be able to put it into practice this weekend while my in-laws are in town.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Awesome article, Suzanne! I wanted to show you a specific act of kindness and bring you back a Starbucks mug from Israel or Egypt, but I didn't see a single Starbucks during my time there! ;-)

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Wow! Thank you, Sarah. Just the fact that you thought of me makes me happy. :) No Starbucks in Israel or Egypt, hmm? Funny that Kuwait had one. Can't wait to read about your trip!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yeah, I looked it up online and no stores in either of those countries. Although it looks like there are 29 Starbucks locations in Istanbul! But we were only there for one day, and didn't see any of them.

I hope to post a trip entry with pics on my blog soon!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Anna H. said...

Suzanne, I like your new blog photo! :-) And, yes, I also really enjoyed this Boundless article. Although, it's always a little different reading an article, when you know the people and the situations that are in them. :-) But, nonetheless, I also was encouraged to be more purposeful in my interactions with others, and to act on it when I'm thinking of someone (which happens a lot, and then I mean to write that person, or call her, but it just never ends up happening), so, thank you. And, please forgive this long, rambling, run-on comment! :-)

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article, both challenging and encouraging! Good job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home