Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Saturday, June 09, 2007

A Day in D.C.: the Metro

I spent yesterday afternoon in our nation's Capital. The last time I visited D.C., I was 10. I appreciated it a lot more this time around. Carolyn (I'll blog more about my fun times with her in a future post) dropped me off at the Metro station in Gaithersburg, Maryland, around 11:30, and I made the trek down the red and orange lines to the Smithsonian station, near the National Mall.




I was enamored with the inside of the Metro station (Doesn't take much to impress me).



Me. Very happy to be experiencing public transportation.

4 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger Becky said...

VERY cool pictures Suzanne! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow...

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Ashleigh said...

Fun! Ted and I used to ride the Metro when we would drive up to D.C. Makes getting around the city SO much easier!

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Gail said...

my favorite thing about the metro are all the unwritten rules...keep your head down and your mouth shut; on the escalator, if you aren't going to walk the steps stay to the right; the only time it is acceptable to talk to a tourist is to help them buy their farecard and only if they are making the line backup...

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Deanna, You crack me up! :) I kept my poker face and didn't ask for any help, although my incessant picture-taking probably gave me away as a tourist. And I'm not sure I want to know about the head down, mouth closed thing....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home