Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Family Adventure


On Sunday, we visited my grandparents, uncle and aunt in Parker, Colo. This is a rare family photo. Grandpa told us stories (legends) about climbing Longs Peak with only sewn-together blankets for sleeping bags and swimming eight miles across a lake. I particularly enjoyed his tale about when his female cousin came to visit, and he provided her with a different young man to date each evening. Then, as she was taking off, he raced her plane (as it taxied down the runway) in his Model A. It sounds a little fantastic, I know, but it had the ring of truth.

We had an interesting conversation with my uncle John about appropriate footwear. In his opinion, boots are the ONLY footwear. He was suspicious of Josh because he wore sandals...and crocs were completely out. What is your opinion on crocs? Speak out.

6 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger Josh said...

Just to be clear: I do not own crocs. Although I will by the next time we drive up to Parker. Mwoohoohahaha!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Don't do it!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Gail said...

i am pro-croc...

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Deanna,

Interesting! What do you like about them?

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger cat418 said...

I LOVE my crocs!!! They are extremely comfortable, durable and...with two kids destroying them they wash up in a snap!
You must convert!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Emily said...

I'm undecided still, I don't own any but many of the people I work with do and my mom just bought some "just to garden in" and wears them all the time. Her's are even knock-offs but she loves them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home