Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Are You a Scaredy Cat?


I have been wanting to write about fear for a long time. I am regularly reminded of what a scaredy cat I am. I rarely take a physical risk (which isn't altogether bad), such as crossing a street without a walk sign. More problematic is when I fail to take a "God risk." Being a follower of Christ is risky ... in the best way possible. When fear controls us, we miss out on what God has for us. I attempt to explore this in my most recent Boundless article: "Fight Fear with Fear."

For any other scaredy cats out there, remember Who controls the wind and the waves. Put your faith in Him and don't be afraid.

"Reach down your hand from on high; deliver me and rescue me from the mighty waters." —Psalm 144:7

2 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger Anna H. said...

Wow, Suzanne, another great article. I wonder if God is trying to tell me something, becuase our pastor is currently preaching on fear, and he has asked me to do some skits for this topic. In fact, his sermon last week was "Fighting Fear with Fear." :-)

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Wow! That's a crazy coincidence (or no coincidence at all)! But the fact that the titles were the same is a little freaky. Boundless chose the title. My original title was "Don't Play with Fear."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home