Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Swing Kids


Sarah struts her stuff with my friend Mike.

Sunday evening we took part in one of Sarah's favorite pastimes — swing dancing. Sarah is an instructor in Portland, and I love to watch her dance (you can see her in action on the You Tube video below). I had not been swing dancing in Colorado Springs for about three years, but to my delight several friends whom I hadn't seen in a while were there.


Josh was trying to overcome an inauspicious first experience with swing dancing (that involved his sister and an ill-fated flip), but he and I did alright after Sarah gave us a few pointers.

When Sarah had danced a couple, word got out about her skill and the partners poured in. One guy, a swing DJ from Denver, approached her and said: "I was told in no uncertain terms that I must dance with you."


The evening was a clear reminder that "we have different gifts," and yet even a couple of novices can cut a rug and have some fun.


3 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger KelseyElizabeth said...

Looks like so much fun! You weren't kidding, she really does know how to swing dance!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger cat418 said...

WOW! Your sister is awesome! I hope I can go dancing with her someday, would love to learn a proper swing. : ) Oh, never, never, ever let Josh flip you. Landing on your head hurts!!!!

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Ashleigh said...

Looks like fun! I get to see my sisters next week. I'm very excited!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home