Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Holly Hobbie Gets a Makeover


Holly then

Remember Holly Hobbie? I had a jewelry box with her likeness when I was 5. I always imagined it was Holly herself who invented the hand-slap game, "See, See My Playmate." According to a trends column in USA Today (published in Fall '05), Holly has a new look for the 21st century.

In her gingham bonnet and patchwork apron, she was a '70s icon of wholesomeness. American Greetings relaunched the classic country girl this year, but next year Mattel is introducing Holly Hobbie & Friends — starring Holly's great-great-granddaughter. The nod to her heritage? A gingham patch on her cap.



Holly now


The original Holly will always have a special place in my heart.

3 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger Terah Lynn said...

Suz,
The very first bedroom comforter and accessories my sister and I had was Holly Hobbie :-) Memories....

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Annie said...

I'm a little bitter about the new Holly Hobby. That's all I have to say.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Annie,

Ha, ha! I know what you mean. No words necessary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home