Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Sunday, July 29, 2007

On Vacation!


So far, my trip to the Northwest had been wonderful! I spent the first day with my college friend Krista. Our conversation and kindred-spiritness were good for my soul. Then I spent a day in Aberdeen with my parents and sister, got stuck in a massive traffic jam on the way to Seattle and watched "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dreamcoat" at the Taproot Theater (my friend Sarah's sister played the parts of Judah and the Baker). I drove back to Aberdeen (sans traffic jam) yesterday morning. Then we were off to sister Sarah's voice concert.

The concert was amazing (my blog about that should appear on the Boundless Line tomorrow). The pic above is of me and Bekah before the show. After the show we celebrated Sarah's 24th birthday.


Sarah doing business-coffee house chic.


This morning Sarah and I set out to visit Imago Dei, a church with close associations with our alma mater Multnomah Bible College. Unbeknownst to us, the church was not meeting this morning due to a baptism service happening later. So we ended up at Palio's, one of our favorite Portland coffee shops. Sarah informed me that this is her first "take my computer to a coffee shop" experience, so I took a picture.

I hope you are having a blessed day. Thank you for your patience with my blogging while I'm on vacation! Tomorrow, I will attend the Oregon Christian Writer's Conference at Canby Grove Conference center. Thus will begin "Part 2" of my Northwest trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home