Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Thursday, July 12, 2007

One of my Favorite Videos: Team Hoyt


I saw this video a couple of years ago, and I've never forgotten it. Rick Hoyt was born in 1962 with the umbilical cord coiled around his neck and oxygen cut off from his brain. Rick's parents were told that there would be no hope for their child’s development. When Rick began using a specialized computer to communicate, his parents were surprised to learn that he was both a highly intelligent individual and an avid sports fan. He told his dad he wanted to compete.

This is a video of Team Hoyt competing in a triathalon: 26.2 miles of running, 112 miles of bicycling, and 2.4 miles of swimming. The picture of how Christ carries us is striking. Because he cannot walk or talk, Rick must depend entirely on the efforts of his Father. And yet victory seems sweeter for it. I hope this video blesses you.

3 Comments:

At 2:58 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh, man...I'm in tears! What a stunning example of the love of a father for his child...and to think that God, my Father, loves me so much more than an earthly father is capable of...what a humbling, amazing truth!

Thanks so much for sharing that!

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This video always makes me tear up. I love the relationship between the father and son, unconditional!

-heidi

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Chris Krycho said...

I love this video... it's one of my favorites, actually. Interestingly, Dr. Bill Maier used it in class at FFI just two days ago...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I've often been blessed here the last few weeks, so I wanted to say thank you; and keep writing faithfully! God bless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home