Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Monday, March 17, 2008

Borscht


On Thursday night, my housemate, Sveta, and I made borscht — Russian stew. Sveta lived in Russia until she was 7 and craves Russian food. And when I visited Russia a few years ago, borscht was the food I liked everywhere we had it (and we had it often). Sveta and I have been talking about making borscht for more than a year. We finally did (using an authentic recipe from a Russian woman in town). And the result was delicious. You can find a simple recipe for borscht at Cybersoup. If you want the authentic recipe, I'd be happy to give it to you. It's a little complicated but very tasty.

7 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Looks yummy! Andrew's mom makes the best borscht!

 
At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is unfair blogging. Picturing mouthwatering cuisine is clearly against the humane bloggers code of ethics!
Therefore, NORAD has been consulted- for defensive strategies and electronic countermeasures against any future subversive taste bud blogging- especially sweets. ANY desserts graphically displayed in the future will be interpreted as an act of war!

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Anonymous,

I sincerely apologize for any psychological or physical trauma you may have suffered as a result of this blog post. I cannot guarantee that further pictures of such cuisine (including but not limited to dessert) will not be pictured on blog. However, I will take into consideration the consequences that may result.

P.S. I deeply enjoyed this very good piece of writing and wish you would have identified yourself. However, I understand that your connection with NORAD most likely make such measures necessary.

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Suzanne!
Joey here= just having fun! I never do anything anon- I had my name in there, but forgot to do the word verification thing. then tried again and forgot the radio button... ughh. by the time I got it right my name was gone? Sorry~
you have some really fun stuff on your blog!

I'm a blog novice- as if you couldn't tell!

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No fair -- you used beef in your recipe. The borscht I had in Russia had a beet-base and had a very pungent vinegar taste. This one looks much more tasty!

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Nice, Joey! :) Thanks for the note.

 
At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome.

I read a little of your backlog today. The dream comment on your brother at pikes peak summit was hilarious! 'thanks a lot!'

keep smiling :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home